I warmly welcome you to School District 105. We are very proud of our communities and the 1,400 students we serve. Our schools and district have received national and state recognition. We know that the diversity of our communities contributes greatly to the richness of our school environments and the success of our students .
District 105 has four neighborhood elementary schools: Hodgkins Elementary School in the Village of Hodgkins; Ideal Elementary School in the City of Countryside; and Seventh Avenue Elementary School and Spring Avenue Elementary School in the Village of La Grange. Students from all four elementary schools attend 7th and 8th grades at Gurrie Middle School in La Grange. District 105 also provides a robust preschool program.
I am in my fourteenth year in School District 105; I served three years as Assistant Superintendent and am in my eleventh year as Superintendent. Prior to coming to District 105, I was a university professor and lab school principal for four years, a middle school principal for eight years, and a middle school math and language arts teacher for eight years.
Our District 105 mission is to empower students to pursue their interests, talents, and dreams. Our vision is to be a high performing school district that celebrates the importance of each individual student. We want:
• each student to feel that he/she is a valued member of the school community prepared for future academic and career success.
• our communities to feel pride in our work and express confidence that we are good stewards of their resources.
• each staff member to make a positive difference in the lives of our students and their families.
Through the strategic planning process, our district established the following long range goals to ensure that our work is always focused on our mission and vision.
• All students will demonstrate continuous growth and achieve college and career readiness standards.
• All students will attend school in a safe, supportive, and healthy learning environment.
• District 105 will enhance learning partnerships by connecting schools, families, and communities.
• District 105 will recruit, retain, and develop a high quality, collaborative staff.
• District 105 will make effective and efficient use of its resources.
Reflective of our strong commitment to continuous improvement, we set annual targets for each of these goals through well-aligned district, school, and grade/department level improvement processes. We share our ongoing progress toward these targets and goals on our school and district dashboards which are posted on our websites.
Thank you for visiting our District 105 website. I encourage you to use it to learn more about our schools and programs. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact our district office at (708) 482-2700.
Superintendent of Schools
Number of hits: 50528